A CROSS BORDER TRANSPORT COMPANY
The process of by which packages/parcels are transported across the border vary depending on a number of factors. Here is a checklist of what you will need to provide, in order for Queen City Courier to be able to transport your items either into Canada, or into the United States.
United States to Canada
1. You'll need to fill out an authorization form on our FORMS page, that basically gives us authority to transport your products for you.
- You will Authorize: Queen City Courier/ Joseph Maggio
- Check the Other person option and Identify status as: Courier
- Check all of the options under "to transact following business activities on my behalf with CBSA"
2. This form also requires your Importer Code (Account #) which you should already have if you have done cross-border travel to Canada. (Example: 123412341rm0001) If you don't, dial 1-800-461-9999 to obtain this number from Canadian Customs, its a fairly quick process and should'nt take more than a few minutes. Have your specific business information ready.
3. You will also have to look up the Tariff Codes for the products we are bringing in. All codes will need to be associated with each product.
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/trade-commerce/tariff-tarif/2013/html/tblmod-03-eng.html- Check that out, its a start. Every type of product is listed here with the codes.
Canada to United States
1. When transporting goods from Canada to the United States, there are specific forms that need to be filled out correctly in order to successfully allow for Queen City Courier to transport your items. You will need to provide us with:
- All pertinent business information: Full Business Name, Address, person(s) responsible for shipments
- All product information: Materials used, Country of Origin, Ingredients, Commercial Value
- Al customer information: Customer name, Customer Address,